Friday, February 1, 2008

Rainy day off...

It's been pouring nonstop since at least 8am. It's now 5:30pm EST. I had plans to go to Target for OJ, bread, yogurt, and a few other essentials that are much cheaper than my supermarket sells them. Afterwards, I was going to go down past Chinatown to purchase more zippers. I woke up to the sound of rain and wind beating down on my window and decided that I'd rather stay in bed for a few more hours.

I purchased zippers at wholesale prices online. From the same family-owned business I was planning on purchasing from all the way downtown, no worries!

SEVENTY-SEVEN zippers! Intense! I bought black, white, yellow, green, blue, red, and pink zippers in various sizes.



Jeff from ZipperStop contacted me to say the zippers would be in the mail this afternoon. What service! He also said I should check out the store and gave the hours. I've only purchased from them online. He says the store is actually a three floor building. I have a feeling I'd spend TONS in the actual shop.

I stayed in bed, caught up on the first episode of this season's "Lost" (I watched the Democratic Debate last night, which aired the same time as Lost), and photographed items 19 and 20 of January, and 1/20 of February.

I decided I should stay in and do handmade things. I mixed the ingredients for cornbread, placed it in the oven, set the timer and...voila! I completely forgot about it and burned it! eek. I will eat it anyway. It's not black, just a bit more brown than I'd like.

Tonight? I am making more peppermint bark and a makeup bag for my cousin's wife, who's 40th b-day is tomorrow. I was thinking of making one out of the same indigo fabric as the coin purse I just listed today. My parents will bring it to her when they go to her party without me. I am working the Family Festival at MoMA tomorrow, reading kids books of my choosing.



Oh, I got paid yesterday! So I have a few bucks to spend on Etsy. I was thinking about purchasing a fun handmade v-day card for my penpal. I've been searching for a little while now. I should check my mail and see if I received anything fun today.

<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: