Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fifty items!

So I got to finish 18 items of the 20 goal before passing out last night at a little after midnight. My body needed the sleep. Tonight I will make the remaining two of the 20, but they won't be listed until February (tomorrow!)

I will try harder next month. I have never made 18 items for Etsy in one month, it's pretty exciting. I'm photographing items 17 and 18 this morning before work and listing them for sale on my Etsy shop.

When I listed item #17 last night, I reached an all-time high of items in my shop, FIFTY items! I've never had 50 items in my shop before. It's pretty exciting.

a few days ago I was contacted by a new Etsy buyer in Australia for a custom order. She wants two makeup bags, one like the ones I've started listing tons of and a much much larger one to hold her large bottles of shampoo and such. The larger one? 16" across and about 12" tall with a 6" gusseted bottom. She wanted it in my black & white disco dot fabric.

Because I like ordering supplies on Etsy, I ordered the fabric from my buddy Liz @ CheapThreads and hopefully it will be shipped today. I will either get it Sat or Monday. I also ordered more of the turquoise sugar skull fabric, since it's the fabric I sell the most items out of and I'm almost out after making the coin purse I listed a few days ago.

I love custom orders, but I always wonder if the buyer will back out after I spend money and time on the items. Until I have the money in my paypal account and the buyer is satisfied with items in hand, I am a bit nervous.

Item #16 of 18:


<3 Always,
--Taina

2 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Wow. I have yet to make 3 items and it's making me very sad! Congrats on the momentum!

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

What a nice blog! I'm glad I found it through the Etsy forums.