Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sewing my heart out.

It's 8am, I have to be at work at 10:30 today. I'm so nervous about meeting my goal of 20 items this month! I am charging my camera batteries so I can take photos of my latest items. I have a minute or two to write an entry.

Yesterday at work, all I could think about was coming home and sewing. I really wanted to sell more items this month, as I'd liked to have donated more to Doctors Without Borders. With mass media finally mentioning the recession the U.S. has been in for quite a while, sales have slowed practically everywhere. Even my place of work is dead.

Maybe February will be better. I am also optimistic about my Marketing class that starts next Wednesday.

I'm getting better at promoting, I think. I now update my shop's MySpace account regularly with new photos of items as I list them on Etsy. I also post the occasional bulletin for all of my MySpace friends to see when I list an item I particularly like. Of course, I have business cards, rubber stamps with my web address/e-mail address, I send personalized 'thank you' cards with every purchase. My Etsy mini is on both of my myspace accounts, personal and business. It features my top featured items and updates instantly if I change around my favorites in my shop. It's a pretty cool feature.

Last night I made four items and listed one I made the previous day. To date? I've made 16 items this month. If I can make 4 more tonight, I will be set.

I wish it wasn't so dark and rainy outside, my photos won't be as good as I really want them to be, even with photoshop adjusting the light/brightness.

Here's the coin purse I listed last night:


(Click the photo for more info.)

Okay, batteries are charged! I love my speed charger!

<3 Always,
--Taina

2 comments:

The Bookish Life said...

the coin purse is awesome, i love the fabric. congrats on accomplishing so much this month already!!

Taina said...

Thanks so much! I may have to make one of these for myself. =)