Monday, January 28, 2008

Tropical Flowers

Hello readers!

So two weeks ago I went to the NY Botanical Garden and took some really fun photos of plants in the tropical and desert sections of the Conservatory. The smell of summer, flowers blooming, the warmth, it was all incredibly uplifting on what was a cold/dreary Winter day.

Two nights ago I was going through my fabric and was drawn to this black and white tropical flower print. I matched it up with a red zipper, red thread and red lining and instantly fell in love with the result, which I just listed this morning:

Item #10 of January's 20:


(Click the photo for the listing on Etsy.)

Oh, and I now have an Etsy penpal! Her name is Nadine, and her shop is: http://theseawithin.etsy.com

I sent her a postcard and she sent me a notecard. I'm trying to think of fun handmade things to send her. For a while I was making envelopes out of fun paper, so I think I will send her a note in one of my sushi envelopes.

I love receiving things in the mail! One of the many reasons I love Etsy, purchasing things and having them arrive in my mailbox.

<3 Always,
--Taina