Saturday, January 24, 2009

I <3 sewing!

I always wonder what other people's work areas look like. I'm still revamping mine, so I will be posting a photo or two every once in a while.



This is the sewing machine I most frequently use, it was my mother's. My dad actually got it for my mom as a present in the 70's. The brand is "New Home". It's super basic; zig-zag, straight, reverse, buttonholes...I got it fixed up after my mom let me borrow it. It weighs at least 30lbs and is mostly metal, and thankfully has a great carrying case, because I dragged it all the way downtown by subway to a mom&pop shop to get it fixed and cleaned. It now works like a dream! Let's hope my mom never finds a reason to want it back! =) There's something to be said about older sewing machines.

Speaking of...my other sewing machine is a 1947 Singer that comes in a table. I inherited it from my grandmother once my grandfather passed away. It's actually what the "New Home" is resting on. I use the small table when I make small things, like baby shoes and coin purses. Anything larger? I move the New Home to a full desk an old roommate gave me. I will take pics of everything soon.

Here are my newest baby shoes, item 5/10 for January:



I'm off to sew up 6 and maybe 7/10 for the month of January.

<3 Always,
--Taina

3 comments:

TheSeaWithin said...

Love it! I love seeing people's machines, especially the old metal ones. Mine weighs a ton too.

You are a blogging fool lately!

TheSeaWithin said...

Succulent: I have no idea what it is called! I have some that are about 12 inches in diameter! They are so neat. I never water them... well in the summer I will water them every couple of weeks. I think I have a good spot for them on my steps.
I should learn their names. I have a super good succulent garden place that I get them at. I never pay attention to the labels, I just buy the ones I like!

Belua Designs said...

Your baby shoes are fabulous! and I must say that older sewing machines rule :)