Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh...so...DIY!

About a month ago, one of my friends made two of our co-workers terrariums as "thank you" gifts and a week later, Etsy.com featured a seller who makes and sells moss terrariums in really great small jars.

Now those of you who know me know that I am terrible at keeping plants alive. I've successfully kept two hearty cherry tomato plants, three bamboo plants and one aloe plant from dying. Everything else? Has had a terribly short life.

I love greenery, I volunteer at my local community garden, enjoy nature and live by the only primordial forest in all of Manhattan. I would love to be able to have some well-kept plants in my apartment, things that do not need to be tended to frequently.

I looked up books on terrariums on Amazon and found one that comes out on my birthday! I thought it was a sign.

I was originally supposed to go to a "Bon Voyage Bush!" party tonight but my kidneys are acting up again, giving me some pain in my lower back, so I decided to go to The Plant Shed and pick up some soil, gravel, charcoal and small plants. I already have a few empty jars at home.

So I'm off to start my afternoon project! I will take photos and give detailed instructions in the next blog entry!

<3 Always,
--Taina

1 comment:

TheSeaWithin said...

I can't wait to see them!