Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year, Bloggers!

I was side-tracked with my fulltime job, putting in extra hours, holiday chaos on the homefront, family obligations, the works! Then I battled being super sick for 10 days. But...

I'm back (and hopefully better than ever!)

I sold my first item of 2008 a couple weeks ago. It was to a new Etsy user, her first purchase. She sent me a really sweet convo (short for conversation or private message on Etsy) saying she was thrilled with the makeup bag. It was this one:



I get so excited when people leave me feedback or go out of their way to send me a 'thank you' note!

This year I've listed 3 things and in the process of listing my fourth. I'm a little behind schedule, as I am aiming for listing twenty new items each month. I have set a goal of 5 completed items before bed tonight. We shall see! Thankfully, all the fabric is cut already.

Just because I haven't been listing things as often as usual doesn't mean I haven't been making things by hand. I've actually been quite busy!

I made my friend Dorian a squid coin purse, since she's obsessed with squid. I also made her earrings out of scrabble tiles: D & V for her initials, that she loved. I've been working on a knit tie for my dad, made out of a silk/wool blend yarn, on tiny size 1 circular needles. I only have a few more inches to go, then I have to block it and line it. He has no idea I'm making it for him.

I also have been switching it up, I'm working on a headband for myself, based on the Calorimetry pattern from Knitty's Winter 2006. I made one before and loved it until one day it went missing. It's great for covering my ears and not messing up my hair in winter weather.

My computer is about 6.5 years old now. It's super slow, so uploading photos takes a bit longer than I'd like. My Etsy goal is to buy a fancy new laptop w/ my 2008 sales. I should probably start backing up all of my files now, though, in case it spontaneously combusts. le sigh!

Here's to a new year, and hopefully some great sales, good etsy friends, and keeping it Handmade!

With <3,
--Taina

No comments: