Wednesday, January 23, 2008

computers...

Oh! I am so proud of myself for keeping up w/ my blog this week. So exciting.

So I am up to my 6th item to list on Etsy for January out of my monthly goal of 20 this year. My fifth item was listed two days ago:


(Click the photo for the listing and more info.)

I made my sixth item last night, a makeup pouch out of the tattoo fabric. I was hoping to list it this morning but my internet connection has been wonky for the last 12 hours. Quite frustrating!

I spoke to the cable company after being on hold for an hour (no joke!) last night and they ran a speed test and said there was nothing wrong. My complaint was that my roommate's skype video chat w/ her mom in Italy gets disconnected and that occasionally even the shortest youtube video stops loading. They said streaming video wasn't really their problem. What???

After speaking to them, the internet gave out altogether. At this point, it was nearly midnight and I was too tired to be on hold for yet ANOTHER hour. I figured maybe it would fix itself by morning. No such luck. After work today, I intend to go home and sit on hold for another hour. I really wish I had a handsfree headset for my cellphone, so at least I could sew. Maybe I will try putting the cable company on speakerphone until someone actually answers the call. Hopefully I can get some more work done in the meantime.

I am feeling quite impulsive and looking at my favorite fabric suppliers for buying more fabric. It's very addictive. I still have two full yards of fun prints I haven't used, so I will try to use those first. I need to buy some more blue sugar skull fabric, as items made from it sell almost immediately through my shop.

If I can't do the speakerphone sewing, I will at least unpack my new harddrive and start moving all of my etsy photos and spreadsheets over to make room on my archaic desktop.

Here's to hopefully making items 7 and 8 tonight. I have 8 days to make 14 items and keep up my etsy new year resolution!

Time to go back to work at the fulltime job!

<3 always,
--Taina

No comments: