Friday, September 12, 2008

I heart custom orders!



A few weeks ago, a former coworker of mine asked me if I could make a makeup bag for her friend's birthday. I was so excited! She picked out the fabric (Alexander Henry's 2D Zoo in Sage), and said she'd love turquoise or yellow for lining and zipper. Well, I thought turquoise and yellow might be a bit much, so I used a white zipper and turquoise canvas for the lining and I love how the finished product turned out! I will have to make more of these for my shop.



Today? I'm off to drop the bag off at work even though it's my day off. Cara doesn't work with me anymore, she works in a different department in the same Museum. Then I'm off to Mood to buy some muslin and a 20" zipper for the dress I want to make and then to my parents' place, as my cousin Andy is home on leave from Afghanistan and I want to give him a huge hug before he goes back.

<3 Always,
--Taina

2 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

Oh that turned out so nice! I like the turquoise on the inside.

tatsuko said...

So cute! Love the fabric :)