Sunday, September 7, 2008

My latest artsy endeavor...


I've been eyeing various Lomography cameras for quite some time. MoMA just came out with a MoMA exclusive Diana F+, it's the same as the Diana F+ for sale on Lomography.com but they changed the blue to "MoMA Red", an actual color MoMA has the rights to.



Two years ago, my dept. at work had a Lomography contest. We got to choose between the Supersampler or the Fisheye and our theme was "Spring Fling". I won runner-up and received a Fisheye camera as my prize.



Last Thursday, we were just told we are having another contest, this time using the Diana F+ , a Lomolito, or the Fisheye 2. The theme is "New York Surreal". The deal is that each employee interested in entering the contest gets to borrow one of the cameras with a roll of film for 4 days. We then enter our undeveloped roll of film as our entry to the contest. Of course, because I want a Diana F+ so badly, I bought a ton of film and have been shooting all sorts of things. I have yet to use the roll given to us for the contest and have to return the camera on Tuesday. I will be buying MoMA's version of the Diana F+ the day I return my borrowed camera.

I am super excited about the contest and seeing how these photos turn out. Lomography will process our film, put our photos onto a CD and send them back to us after choosing their favorite 3 photos from all of the entries at the end of this month. The prizes are cameras, but not the Diana F+. Instead they are colorsplash and sampler cameras.

When I get these first two rolls of film developed, I will most definitely post some photos. I just created a profile on lomography.com, I look forward to their monthly contests on the website as well as the tips and tricks from other lomo users.

<3 Always,
--Taina

2 comments:

TheSeaWithin said...

Ahhh! That is great ! I've had an oktomat for a couple years and just love it!

kim* said...

i likey!