Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ode To An Ex Lover...

I mentioned in a recent blog post that I purchased the MoMA Exclusive edition of the Diana F+. I finally took a few rolls of film to be processed and printed and love this photo:



I didn't plan it out or anything. It's a double exposure of a view from my subway station's platform and the view looking down at my shoes.

What's interesting is that I just ended a thing I had with a guy I was on-again/off-again dating for two years. The last positive thing I remember him saying to me was "I like those shoes, they're like ballet flats." He grew up in my current neighborhood and used the train station I took a photo of.

So I named it "Ballet Flats & Dyckman St: An Ode." It seems obvious that my sub-conscious wanted something physical to grasp when I thought of the last two years of steamy fun and emotional turmoil.

<3 Always,
--Taina

2 comments:

Eatsruns said...

I'm just out of a period of on-again-off-again steamy fun and emotional turmoil too... funny how our lives run in parallel sometimes! Like the pic :)

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Really interesting photo....good luck with finding love in the future.