Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Etsyversary!

Today marks my Three Year Etsyversary. Yup, that's right, I registered my shop on Etsy on September 10th, 2005. I was planning this big promotional sale and just kind of...forgot? It sneaked (snuck is incorrect, btw) up on me this year!

Looking back to the very beginning, this was the first item I ever sold:



A handknit baby hat made from microspun acrylic yarn for $12. I sold it on Sept. 28th, 18 days after registering my shop name, and 17 days after listing my first item.

I remember how thrilled I was to have sold something! I remember checking my e-mail and seeing that sale and practically jumping for joy! I was beaming! I called everyone I knew who knew I knit.

I STILL do a happy dance every time an item sells, three years later! It feels sooooo good to be recognized as having made products that people want to own or give as gifts. It's an amazing feeling.

I hope to reach 300 items sold by Dec. 31st, 2008. We will see if I can make that goal come true! Here's to hoping! I am off to make some things for my etsy shop!

Happy Etsyversary to meeeee!

<3 Always,
--Taina

3 comments:

fookaDESIGNS said...

Yay! Happy Etsyversary! How exciting.

tatsuko said...

Happy Etsyversary to you!!! I totally understand that wonderful feeling when someone buys something you made (like when you bought my sushi pin!)- pretty amazing, isn't it?

... My 3rd Etsyversary is coming up in October :)

TheSeaWithin said...

Wow! I haven't even hit 2 years yet. That is so great you have been on it so long!

-nadine