Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring things!

Even though I'm a Winter baby, I have found myself tired of slush and the terrible drops in temperature this year. I decided to buy some new fabrics for items for Spring and chose these from FabricWorm:



I am especially excited by the 2nd, 3rd and 5th prints in that stack.

And I also bought these:



I think the woodgrain is super cute. I can't wait to make lots of makeup bags and coin purses and things out of these fabrics!

Be on the lookout! Lots of new things coming in the next week or two! I also made two new pillows, one I am listing in my shop tonight, the other I am photographing tomorrow and listing before work if possible.

Oh, as for things I have purchased? I'm an Etsy addict recently! I bought two vintage things from JollyPollyPickins.

The first is a vintage owl coffee container and matching mug for my old roommates Dorian & Becky who just got engaged, so it's their engagement/housewarming gift.



The second was an impulse buy. It's a vintage Circus container that spins! I thought it would make a cute spot for candy or something on my coffee table in my livingroom. It reminds me of this circus train toy set I had when I was a child.



I can't wait until they come! I thought I'd buy some nice coffee to put into the coffee container for D&B.

<3 Always,
--Taina

1 comment:

TheSeaWithin said...

I love the wood grain! i have tons of it too! I also love the Park Slope fabric (small birds). I bought it in blues, but haven't used too much yet!