Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm baaack!

Black Lake (Onaway), MI was incredible. So much snow! The UAW is an incredible brother(and sister)hood. As I'd told the president of my Local, there is nowhere I'd rather celebrate my birthday. They are like a second family to me.



So now I'm back home in NYC, I got back on Friday night, slept all day yesterday and am still tired today. My roommate hasn't put her bed together yet and is still sleeping on the couch a couple weeks later. This makes it difficult for me to make things early mornings. I REALLY want to sew!

I got home, paid my Etsy bill and donated 15% of my sales for February to World Wildlife Fund. It came to $8.40, so I rounded it up to $10.

I picked UNICEF as the world-wide organization to donate 15% of my sales to for the month of March. They do so much work for children, and as I am gearing my shop more towards children's items as of recent, I think it is perfect for March.

I had some money left over after paying the bill and donating, so I bought myself a couple things I'd been eyeing from my "Favorites".

I finally bought the little birdies decal from Elephannie that I'd mentioned a few posts earlier, as well as this awesome gorilla print from Berkley Illustration:



and a few stamps and stamp pads from NoraJane to personalize the boxes and envelopes I ship my items in. I bought a heart and a spool of thread. I also bought a little frog for my mom:



Once my roommate wakes up, I can go into my fabric pantry and pick the fabrics I want to make things out of today.

<3 Always,
--Taina

4 comments:

Angela said...

What fun stamps! Love them. I love Berkeley illustration, too. I really want his squirrel prints!

TheSeaWithin said...

I love the gorilla! I have him on my wall. I need to buy the elephant and the meerkat! I'm glad you had a good time in Michigan!

Eatsruns said...

Happy birthday! I can't believe your roommate hasn't put her bed together yet, I love putting furniture together and I hate sleeping on the sofa! I think you should give her some incentive to do it with some early morning sewing sessions ;)

Parallax said...

I love that frog! It sounds like a fun little shopping spree.