Saturday, March 8, 2008

Etsy Purchases! <3 !

Good morning! (It's 10am EST here!)

So I didn't make anything new for my shop yesterday, but fully intend to today as I sold two more items this week and want to at least replenish those. I had a few work-related meetings on my day off that I had to attend yesterday. No sewing! When that was all said and done, I went and hung out w/ my friend Dorian at Blockheads for Mexican food and margaritas.

So today, what do I write about since I haven't made anything new? I'll tell you!

SweetestPea!

For those of you who don't know, Jen of Sweetest Pea is one of my favorite stuffed animal designers on Etsy. She's also one of the nicest people I've ever met in real life. One of her very unique fat monsters was on the Martha Stewart show that interviewed Rob Kalin of Etsy. It was made entirely of recycled mens business attire. So cool!

On my birthday I decided to buy a gift for someone else. It's actually a Hobbit tradition and one of my faves. I immediately went to Jen's shop to purchase this little guy in Green:



It's a little rice ball w/ seaweed! and eyes! The cuteness! I've been eyeing it for two of my friends for a while. I think Greg will really enjoy it.

Also, the best part? I mentioned that it was my birthday and Jen made me a little stuffed cupcake to send along. I took some silly customer appreciation photos to list in her feedback. Here's one of me hanging out on my bed with the riceball and cupcake:



Super cute! As always, you can click photos for either listing info or larger more detailed versions. =)

I'm off to do some laundry including the new fabric that arrived from Fabric Stash so I can get to work.

10:09am! Time to get moving!

<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: