Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gifties...

I haven't been making anything new for my shop in the last few days due to lots of birthdays coming up.



I try to make as many of my gifts as possible. Saturday is my Aunt's birthday, she's an avid birdwatcher, so I made her a stuffed owl. I got some great reactions from coworkers when I brought it took work to ship it yesterday, so I will probably be making more for my shop.



I LOVE working with fleece! No wonder so many people out there like making stuffies and plushies! The fabric hides the tiny hand-stitched seam where the product is stuffed, and it immediately looks professional, as the edges don't fray. So cool!

I definitely want to make more.

I've also been making stuffed animals out of used gloves. My friend Chris likes bears, so I made him a little green bear out of a pair of gloves as a belated bday present. It's funny looking, as it's my first try, but I know he'll love it.

Hopefully this weekend I will be back to making things for Etsy. I want to get back in there!



<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: