Saturday, February 16, 2008

Is it worth it?

This morning I received an e-mail from Renegade saying they are accepting applications for the fair in Brooklyn. It's a juried fair, so I'm not even sure if I'd be selected if I applied. There's a $10 non-refundable jurying fee and it costs $200 for the application. If you are accepted, that's all you have to pay, if not, they send back the $200. THEN, there's also the tent/table/chair rental. The website hasn't been updated with the costs yet. I would also have to decorate the space, make a sign, etc. That's a good deal of cash if nothing sells in the two days.

Decisions, decisions. I just contacted FortCloudy to find out what her experience was if she did it and if she'd be applying this year.

I woke up early this morning, ready to take photos of my kitchen windowsil as well as the two items I made last night and my batteries were dead! I have a charger with 4 rechargeable AA's and usually just rotate them so I always have two charged, but somehow slacked this time. I will have to write another post about the seedlings.

Today? Target w/ my mom. Their plastic containers are on sale and I need to organize all of my stained glass and tools. I'm also in need of another under-bed storage container for my handmade things, I've been making TONS of stuff! Speaking of which, I can finally finish the custom order for the matching small and large makeup bags today.

I'm so excited about making my first clutch. Maybe tomorrow.

Here's my latest makeup bag:

(Click photo for listing info)

I LOVE the pink birds. I bought fat quarters of this fabric from CheapThreads and fell in love. I may have to make something for myself for Spring. I also love how the zippers I purchased match the bird tails perfectly.

Okay, I'm off to Target. Later, gators!

<3 Always,
--Taina

1 comment:

Ivy & Mae said...

cute clutch-I love that fabric too. Renegade sounds like a lot of work, hopefully FC can give you some insights to help you decide what to do!