Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Morning Ritual

Today starts my first day of my 9 day vacation in NYC. I was hoping to get out of the city but I have class in the middle of the week.

I think I am coming down with a bit of a cold, at least I hope that's all it is. I'm going to the Dr. at noon today. I have this terrible fear of feeling under the weather on Friday, getting really sick on Saturday and waiting until Monday to see the Dr. People in large U.S. cities know that you don't go to the Emergency Room unless you are near death, because odds are you will die waiting terribly long to be seen. (Violent crimes and horrible near-death accidents are first, strept is way at the bottom of the list.)

After the doc I have to hunt down some heavy duty interfacing. I've never found it in NYC before, only the medium stuff, but it won't do for the very large makeup bag I have a custom order for. I usually order online but don't want to wait for it.

I had Valentine's plans to go to Blockheads for strawberry margaritas and mexican food w/ two of my friends/coworkers but one of them was really sick yesterday so plans were postponed. Le sigh.

So...Friday Morning Ritual? First? I photograph and list the item I made on Thurs. night. Second? I pay all of my bills online and figure out how much I have left after being paid. Third? I balance my Etsy Paypal acct. and transfer my actual earnings to my bank account.

This is how it works for my Etsy shop:
Listing Fees now are .20 for each of the month's 20 items = 4.00.
Etsy transaction fees once something sells = 3.5% of selling price
15% of selling price of each item - charity of the month
Paypal fees = 5% of each transaction.
Remaining? Goes to my savings account for my education fund.

I use money I make from my fulltime job to purchase supplies. I like the idea of my fulltime job investing in my education.

So this morning? I'm listing another turquoise sugar skull coin purse. It's one of my best sellers and I absolutely love the fabric!



Okay, I'm off to knit and catch up on the latest episode of Lost. Happy weekend, everyone!

<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: