Saturday, July 5, 2008

random thoughts.

Hey ladies & gents!

I've been sans internet for 2 days and finally got back online. I have no idea what the problem was, but I actually had to call the cable company and set up an appointment to get it fixed. The cable guy said that out of 100%, my connection was running at about 2%. He was surprised I was getting any cable channels, also. Man, catching up on a billion e-mails is NOT fun. Today was supposed to be my relaxing day.

Sans internet/my favorite tv channels, I went to Borders and bought David Sedaris' latest book, cleaned my apartment and organized my new fabric into my bins. I also made ::gasp!:: a new pillow for my shop! I will post it later, I have to get a custom order listing posted first.

I also bought sculpey and started thinking up ideas for magnets and such, so stoked.

Someone said something interesting yesterday. She said something about being self-supporting, and I'd never thought of that before. Sure, in the monetary sense, I'm self-supporting, and my etsy shop is self-supporting. But I had an epiphany of sorts. Sometimes I go through these periods where I don't make anything, and I fall into this terrible rut. When I'm not productive, I feel like garbage, a terrible downward spiral.

So July? Is all about being self-supporting. I'm going to be as creative as I want to be, make things, sketch, design, and support the artist inside me. I'm very excited by this idea, and a little nervous!

Oh, and if you've ever wondered what I listen to while making things?
Today's playlist includes: Young Love, Maroon 5, Metro Station, Rilo Kiley, and later this evening? Some Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald.

Yup. Oh, and I had half a toasted bagel w/ peanut butter on it & orange juice for breakfast, and am eating the other half for lunch.

There, the innerworkings of Taina on a Saturday afternoon.

<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: