Saturday, May 10, 2008

Where has the month gone?

April was great for me, sales picked up, I had a few customers purchase multiple things. The last week of April, I headed to Black Lake, Michigan to an Occupational Health & Safety Conference for members of the United Auto Workers.

How do I fit into that, you ask? Well, dearies, the UAW also covers administrative positions, including those at the Museum I work in.

The experience was INCREDIBLE, the people were phenomenal, the location was gorgeous, we couldn't have asked for better weather. The architecture was outstanding, and the classes and lectures were most educational. I am now certified in CPR and can do Office Inspections. Look out, workplace! I may be lighting a fire under your butt very soon!

I had no time to make anything. I made half of a sleeve of a baby cardigan. And I drew a terrible drawing of the creek behind one of the houses.

On Thursday, I met a guy who was awesome. Someone I'd been wanting to meet all week. We slow danced a dance and talked for like 20 mins and that was that. Exchanged contact info, talked every night for 2 weeks, even talked of plans of him coming to visit me. Then an old flame decided she wanted him back and that was that. I haven't really heard from him since.

It's been a struggle since getting back from Black Lake to make anything, first because I was really just way too excited to talk to this guy every night when I got home from work, and now because I just feel like hiding under my blankets in bed. I cannot believe the rollercoaster of emotions over the last 3 weeks. It's like an emotional relapse. I'm usually much more centered than all of this.

I made a baby dress and bloomers, I'm waiting for the snaps to arrive in the mail so I can list it. That's all I've done since coming back on the 25th of April.

Tonight, I am working on a tote bag for my mom. I've never made a tote bag before, so this should be interesting, since Mother's Day is tomorrow and I was asked to work today and tomorrow at work so my coworker can visit his sick grandma. Normally I'd have today off to work out a pattern.

If it looks good, I will post photos. =)

<3 Always,
--Taina

1 comment:

TheSeaWithin said...

Taina! I'm glad you updated!

How is the tote bag? You can do it.