Thursday, March 27, 2008

It must be Spring!

Good morning!

It's a grey rainy day today here in my little neck of Northern Manhattan and I woke up this morning to find that I have somehow pulled a muscle in my lower back. Sore, sore sore! I called in a sick day at the fulltime job so I can rest up. I took some advil and sat up to list a new coin purse and blog a bit before taking a nap.


(click photos for more info!)

I love this new coin purse because the two sides are so different but they still work together. The placement of the red flower couldn't be better. So cheerful and Spring-like! Below is the other side of the same coin purse:



Okay, I have a confession to make, I cannot spend only 5 mins on Etsy, it's impossible. I'm addicted to that lovely, lovely site! I checked the forums, admired the frontpage selection, went through countless pages of shops and items I've "hearted" (Etsy's way of making a shop a favorite). Was inspired by all the gorgeous handmade items, listed my latest coin purse and came here to blog. Now I don't even know if I can sleep, I may work through the pain for as long as I can sit behind my sewing machine.

My cousin Andy is headed to Afghanistan today. I've got so many mixed emotions on this one. I'm feeling anxious, sad, already missing him...he was deployed to Iraq a few years ago and not a day, hour or minute went by that I wasn't worried about his safety, what he was seeing, what he was doing. He's more of a brother to me than a cousin, as we grew up down the hall from each other and he's less than two years younger than I am.

On a brighter note, his wife Avis and baby (Andy Jr.) are in town today, so hopefully I will be seeing the baby! I haven't seen him in a few months now. I bought a "Tale of Peter Rabbit" boardbook for him, and thought it might be nice to make a little stuffed rabbit to go along w/ it to bring to him today.

In other news? My final Marketing class was last night. I have mixed feelings, as I love being in school but didn't feel I got much out of the class. Between the homework and the class & commute time, it was time I could've spent on Etsy, so I'm glad I've got those hours back!

I hope I can sell a couple more things this month, as the charity Operation Dreamseed is closer to my heart than ever before since my cousin's deployment.

I'm off to sketch Peter Rabbit patterns while lying down and resting my back for a bit.

<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: