Monday, June 8, 2009

longest blogging delay ever!

Hi everyone!

It's been a crazy month and a half. Thanks to my Etsy penpal Nadine for reminding me I should blog. It seems I may have a little time on my hands as I had an injury at work that resulted in what seems to be a possible hairline fracture at worst and a pretty bad contusion/hematoma at best. It's my little toe. Who knew I needed my little toe? I mean, sure, 5 toes means decent balance, but...my little toe is just...well, it's always been a sad chubby little piggie, and now it's swollen and purple and brown and won't fit into my most comfy flats.

This past week has been interesting. I try not to discuss politics on this blog, but it's sometimes unavoidable, as politics and DIY culture tend to mix.

Dr. George Tiller was murdered in Kansas last week. No matter how you feel about abortion, I am not asking to be flamed. I believe it's a very personal decision.

I have been eyeing Kate Black's feminist stuff for ages. I'm a huge fan of her work, she's a totally awesome woman I've met numerous times. I have purchased plenty of her "Well behaved women rarely make history" mirrors/bottle openers and own a "Don't F*ck With Me Fellas, This Ain't My First Time At The Rodeo" bottle-opener keychain.



Along with sending money to Planned Parenthood in mourning the loss of Dr. Tiller, I also purchased this bottle-opener keychain I've been eyeing for ages:



I can't wait for it to come in the mail!

As far as new items for my shop? I'm working on it, it's tough for me to sit for any length of time at my machine because of my toe accident. I did just purchase some really great fabric from FabricWorm, but that will be the next post. =)

<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: