Saturday, December 27, 2008

Le sigh...

I have not blogged in a few weeks! eeps! I have a blog coming up about Operation Santa, I sponsored 6 letters, 8 kids in total. I still have to scan in a couple of the letters for the entry, so it will have to wait.

I bought a few things on Etsy this week. First, two half yards of fabric from CatyLouQuilts:


Turquoise Quilt Pirates


Sky Blue Cupcakes

I think they will make super cute make-up bags/pencil cases and maybe even a pair of shoes.

I also have had my eye on this ring for quite some time and finally bought it:


I can't wait until it arrives!

Christmas was gooood. I made my mother a drawing of her as a little girl letting a dove fly free. My dad got a refurbed GPS from me and I gave my brother clothes. I'd wanted it to be more of a handmade x-mas but my shop's sales picked up a bit, work picked up a ton between union work and my job, and I just had no real time to sit down and make things for my family. The handknit striped tie on size 1 knitting needles for my dad may NEVER get finished! Maybe I will give it to him for my birthday.

My dad got really into "Hobbit Birthday"'s. When a hobbit has a birthday, he celebrates by giving gifts to others. I like the idea of that, and it gives me two more months to finish his tie!

I missed the Bust Craftacular here in NYC, which I was very disappointed by. I was super sick and depressed because of being sick so I skipped it. The good news? My roommates went and bought me blue fabric with turtles on it that will make some super cute baby shoes. I hope to make a pair tonight!

Also, I'm really into this whole burlesque idea. I've been pondering it for quite some time, years, really. I think it would be fun to do the silly performances, not the really serious ones. I also think it would be great for boosting confidence levels.

I haven't been feeling so great about myself recently. I stopped working out, I'm eating tons of junk...and because of it, I'm feeling sluggish. So starting tomorrow? No candy for a month! and starting tonight? exercising every day for at least 15 mins until my birthday, on Feb. 24th. Yesh. That's the plan. And maybe burlesque classes... =) How awesome would it be if all of my burlesque type stuff was handmade? I think it would be pretty sweeeet.

Time to go cut some fabric and sew! Later Gators!

<3 Always,
--Taina

2 comments:

TheSeaWithin said...

I love the fabric! too cute!

Teri said...

A couple of my friends are part of a burlesque group: http://www.weburlesque.net/