Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year!

Hello friends!

So as many of you know, I have Friday/Saturday off from my fulltime job. I'm also 8 behind my 20/month self-imposed quota of items to make for Etsy. I couldn't be more thankful for a Leap Day this month!

Today, Etsy will be on Martha! It's so exciting! I try to watch Martha whenever I can, which is usually once a week at most. I love all of the recipes of hers that I've tried. Especially the Irish Soda Bread, to die for!

So the plan is to make 8 things today and list as many as possible. Then I will be going to my friend Jenny's Leap Year party. I'm still trying to think of a good hostess gift for her and her roommate. My last party, she brought a "Hostess Platter", which was a nice plate covered in Twinkies, DingDongs and HoHo's. It was really cute. She joked that we are in competition because she spent "so much time" working on her gift to me. I was thinking of maybe making a jar of hand-dipped chocolate covered pretzels. We'll see!

Here is item 12/20:


(Click photo for more info.)

A tried & true fabric, hopefully it will sell once again! This time I lined it with blue fabric I picked up at Mood. I hope my new order of fabric from FabricStash arrives today! I can't wait to make things out of the new prints.

It's 9:24am and even though my throat is slightly sore, I'm ready to start my day! I think today is an oatmeal & an organic navel orange day.

<3 Always,
--Taina

No comments: